Approach and Outcomes
The focuses of the sessions were:
- Running an expanded demonstration covering QGIS layout, basic editing and processing tools, and workflow;
- Demonstrating the expanded use of Plugins, including the TUFLOW plugin for model setups as well as Crayfish for results viewing;
- Create a QGIS template mapping template following Councils style guide, and demonstrate their use and how to effectively create sets of maps using QGIS;
- Instructing on how to import Councils existing MapInfo base TUFLOW models into QGIS, and convert them to the native shapefile format;
- Demonstrate the process of setting up a new TUFLOW project using QGIS, including setting up a sample drainage network from council assets databases; and
- Creating this short summary document outlining all of the above processes and workflows.